Thursday, July 19, 2007

Creating a High Octane Culture - Part 2

In my most recent post (http://www.nextstepmagazine.com/blog/2007/07/creating-high-octane-culture-part-1.html), I wrote about Step 1 on creating a high octane culture and shared an idea of how to celebrate recognition.

In this post, I share Step #2 - FIELD TRIPS BABY!

Remember those field trips in elementary school? They were the bomb! You got to miss school for the day and do something cultural around your town. Maybe it was the last time you visited your local museum?

You also got to fluff off for the day and laugh with your friends.

I remember visiting Rochester's local planetarium in second grade. I got in trouble because my friends dared me to ask the speaker if there was life on “Uranus.” That went over well. Detention was fun the next day. And my parents loved the letter home…

Ahhh....the memories.

Bring em' back!

After our big back to school September issue deadline, we celebrate and go on a whole day field trip. We've gone rock climbing, wine tasting, to museums, etc... And there is always a big lunch involved.

They're fun, full of camaraderie and a great change of pace. There is no big yellow bus but we still feel like 3rd graders on a field trip!

So, Tip #2 for a High Octane Sales Culture – CELEBRATE WITH A FIELD TRIP!

And make sure everyone has a buddy - we don't want anyone to get lost. :-)