Tuesday, May 8, 2007

A Healthy Entrepreneur is a Good Entrepreneur!

I am committed to working it out and do it three to fives times a week. I am also committed to eating. You could probably say I am committed to over eating - but not by choice. I just LOVE food!

So when my doctor said that I was about 25 pounds overweight, my blood pressure was a bit high and my cholesterol was bit high too, I decided it was time to make a change. I figured that it's a lot easier to fix these things at age 38 than 58 when everything is even higher.

So now I am committed to really making something happen with my health. I have been talking the talk for years. Now it's time to walk the walk (or run the run?). This time will be different because I have a realistic plan that I can do forever!

My plan consists of real oatmeal for breakfast with fruit. This will lower my cholesterol. I go out a lot for lunch, so it gets tough sometimes. I have decided to not even open the menu for that is when temptation starts! I just ask the waitress what salads they have with chicken or salmon.

Then for dinner, I try my hardest to have portion control. And no desserts. My wife is trying to eat well too, so this has helped. Last night we had a salad with tuna fish and it was delicious - and healthy!

Plus I am working out more and harder.

At my last doctor's visit, I was 205. That was about two months ago. I just got on the scale and I am 192. So, slowly but surely. They say that's better anyway. You'll have more luck keeping the weight off if you if lose it slowly.

Wish my luck! My goal is 175.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home