Friday, April 27, 2007

The theme of my blog

Welcome to my first official post! My mission in writing this blog is to give insights to real world of small business. Too often we hear stories of huge colossal companies and it's hard for "Joe Regular" to relate. I mean really - how interesting is it for you to read about two massive companies merging to create millions of dollars for the shareholders and the CEOs, then only to find out that it made no sense for those companies to merge so they split apart again?

Do those stories really affect you? Probably not.

In my blog, Confessions of a Grassroots Entrepreneur, I will talk about the real experiences I have with my small company. You'll feel my passion, hear about my frustrations and challenges and ride the roller coaster of small business with me.

Some days are great. We were just named a finalist as Periodical of the Year by The Association of Educational Publishers. The other finalists are The New York Times/Upfront Magazine, The Wall Street Journal for Teens and Scholastic. Not bad company, huh?! The day I heard that news was a GREAT day.

Some days are not so great. Like when payroll is due on Friday and on Thursday morning, you're praying for checks to come in so you can make a deposit. Those days are not so good!

So welcome to my world. Whether, you're one of our student readers of Next Step, an advertiser, an aspiring or current entrepreneur or just visiting, I'll hope you find this blog useful, interesting and inspiring to you!

5 Comments:

At May 2, 2007 at 4:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ho letto alcuni blog di ragazze dai 14 anni in poi, che soffrono di abulimia o anoressia, penso che questo sia un grande problema del secolo di oggi, da quando si e liberatizzata la liberta della donna, peccato la nostra nuova gioventu si sta autodistruggendo, non accettano questa societa, vogliono restare bambine, ma il sistema mondiale della nostra societa e veramente alla rovina. Tu David che sei a contatto con tutti i giovani, con il tuo magazine non puoi fare un"indaggine sui giovani e cercare di dare dei consigli come uscire fuori di questa malattia? vai su google e cerca (i miei silenzi,) oppure cerca( sogni di latt& menta )vedi se puoi aiutare queste persone che soffrono

 
At May 2, 2007 at 8:19 AM , Blogger Jim Walsh said...

Dear Dave-

Great Blog, YOU INSPIRE ME!
I am bless to know you!

-Wishing you continued success!
JIm Walsh
CEO
Alliance Relocation Services, Inc.

 
At May 2, 2007 at 10:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What fun to see my son's high school friend now living his life with such intention and passion. Sharing that passion is a gift to all of us!

Dave, I would like to share with you sometime the simple lessons I have learned through my group building/team building consulting work. I will do that in a separate e mail to you.

You inspire me also! Great 'kid' turns into great man/still kid too I hope! ! Now there is a success story!!!!

....Jeff's mom....Nancy!

 
At April 23, 2009 at 6:46 AM , Anonymous JsyHo said...

Hi Dave,

I totally agree on what you have written in your blog and it inspired me to follow your good intention in publishing an educational magazine for the students in Hong Kong. It is my pleasure to know a person who is passionate and willing to share his wisdom with others. I am also doing a lot of voluntary works in HK and certainly, I would like to learn more from you. Junia HK
p.s. You may feel free to visit our website www.relybase.com.hk to know more about our service.

 
At April 27, 2010 at 2:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi everyone


Use http://www.BuySellDirect.net new advance ebay website. to sell your new and used products to your local market only and/or the international market. You can even charge taxes for your local market. It is a free service to buyers and sellers.


http://www.BuySellDirect.net is the one FREE advance ebay you have been looking for

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home