Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Wherever you are, be there

One of my favorite business philosophers, Jim Rohn (www.jimrohn.com), says the simplest yet most powerful sentence - "Wherever you are, be there."

So stupidly simple, yet so important!

Practically speaking, he means, if you are work, be AT work. If you are at home, be AT home. And if you are on vacation, be ON vacation.

It's hard to enjoy the pleasure of your family on vacation while checking your Blackberry.

It's hard to focus on work, if you are thinking about a project that needs to be done at home.

And it's hard to be a good father/mother/husband/wife at home if you are checking e-mail constantly and catching up on work (that is why I am writing this blog entry while my family sleeps!).

I thought about Rohn's phrase this Memorial Day Weekend because I thoroughly enjoyed it with my family. We swam, we went to the parade, we went to the park, we cooked, we went to dinner at a friend's house, we did chores together - it was a blast!

I didn't send one e-mail. I didn't use my remote desktop to tap into the office once. For three whole days, I dismissed myself from work and focused on my family and it was great. My mind is clear, I feel refreshed and ready to go.

I am a new man!

Thanks Jim Rohn!

3 Comments:

At May 29, 2007 at 2:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Jim,
Yes you have some awesome employees. I love dealing with Theresa. Congratulations on being an entrepeneur and making it work.
Since you are in the publishing business thought you might want to to correct something on your blog-add 'at' in front of work.
Enjoy your summer. Happy belated Memorial Day.
Regards,
IW

 
At February 25, 2010 at 5:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking allowing for regarding that exact make. The prices due to the fact that the boots are about 170 pounds on every page. But finally I base this site selling them as a remedy for half price. I exceptionally love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy those. what is your opinion?

 
At March 16, 2010 at 9:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

good afternoon fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I was searching for the sake of that particular brand. The prices as regards the velcros are about 220 dollars everwhere. But for all I set this site selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy these. what do you think?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home