Thursday, July 5, 2007

My Home Vacation

I am attempting to take a home vacation this week.

I envisioned hanging out in my backyard with my kids and swimming a lot. The problem is that the weather has not been ideal and instead, I find myself cleaning windows, trimming landscape, edging the driveway, washing the cars and tinkering around the house.

I'm restless as hell.

I have decided it's hard for me to take a whole week off to stay at home and do nothing. I am like a fish out of water.

There may be something wrong with me. Most people enjoy having time to do nothing. It drives me crazy. I need a mission or I start to feel something inside of me, ready to explode.

Maybe I'll take the family to SeaBreeze today (local amusement park). But then again, it's supposed to thunderstorm today.

Next time I take a week off, I think I need to go away someplace and really BE ON VACATION.

Now, I am going to work-out and burn off some of this combustible material inside of me before it explodes.

3 Comments:

At July 5, 2007 at 10:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear you, Dave! From one antsy person to another - every minute needs to be for something or boredom makes your skin crawl! Have you been straightening the pictures on the wall yet, that's when you need to get out of the house.

 
At July 5, 2007 at 1:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This weather's enough to make anyone crazy if stuck in the house. You're first problem: You posted at 6:30 a.m. Maybe try sleeping in?

 
At July 7, 2007 at 12:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, David, I am home on vacation too. I can make your week a little more interesting by telling you that I may be related to you. I googled the name "Mammano" since I was born with that name in 1952. My father was Vito Mammano whose family lived in Brooklyn back then.

He gave me up legally to my mom and stepdad and my name is Mike Cubelo. I live in South Carolina and I am a former prez of the ACLU here and a Democrat and Liberal - which is a challenge in SC.

If you would like to continue a conversation, please email me at mikecubelo@yahoo.com. Try googling me too to find out more about me if you're somewhat reluctant - I certainly would be too if I was approached like this from a "relative."

This should interrupt some of your boredom.

Mike "Mammano" Cubelo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home