Friday, June 22, 2007

Sponge Bob and My Managers

What does it mean when two of your top managers watch Sponge Bob Square Pants? Seriously. Let me know. I am dying to know.

On Monday, I was flying to NYC with them for a conference called "What Teens Want" (http://www.whatteenswant.com/). On the plane, we were all in one row and I was in the middle seat. I was reading my business journal when I glanced up to see what they were watching (we were on JetBlue).

Laura Hammond, Next Step's girl-wonder VP/Editor in Chief was watching Sponge Bob cartoons.

Chris Roberts, Next Step's VP/Guru of Marketing and Interactive was watching…. Sponge Bob Square Pants.

The weirdest part - neither of them knew what the other was watching. Pure coincidence.

What does this mean?

These are smart, hard working professionals, both watching a sponge with square pants. Hmmm….

Have I driven my managers so batty that they need to turn to Sponge Bob for solace?

Does Sponge Bob provide some sort on hidden inspiration that I am not aware of?

Do they work so hard that watching Sponge Bob gives them a needed break - maybe like bubble gum for the brain?

Or, is it simply that Sponge Bob is hilarious at any age and I just need to lighten up and start watching?

I'll try. Right after I finish reading my business journal.

1 Comments:

At June 22, 2007 at 10:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

knowing I had to be at peak performance later that day and into the night, I believe it was bubble gum for the brain for me
-spongebobhead guy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home