Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Creating a High Octane Culture - Part 8

Ok, I am getting back to my High Octane Culture series. Sorry for the manic direction of my blog lately. I have had many writing ideas pop up during this series... Welcome to my entrepreneurial world!

Here is Part 8 - BIRTHDAYS!

Ok, you might be thinking that this is an obvious one. You do the cake thing for your team, right? That's nice, but why not make it even more special? Afterall, a birthday is a person's most special day. Make them feel special by taking him/her out to breakfast or lunch too!

As a bonus, they'll get some quality time with you; and you with them. You'll find that in the hectic pace of the office life, it's hard to find an escape to truly catch up with your prized team members.

Not only will they appreciate the free meal and the special recognition, you'll get to know the person ever better, as a person outside the workplace. I love these meals out because it allows me to connect and be able to show the birthday boy or girl that I do truly care about them.

So, on their birthday, I take them out to breakfast or lunch and then about 1pm at the office, we do the company cake thing. We even have an ex-TGIF waiter who can lead us in the birthday song!

And I never ask my female employees their age...

1 Comments:

At January 7, 2010 at 11:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home