Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Facebook. A Roledex on Steriods?


Are you on Facebook yet? If not, think again. It's not just for college students anymore.

I currently have 321 “really close” Facebook friends. And most of them are above 30 years of age! I have reconnected with a ton of friends from high school, college, post college, plus current friends and business associates. I have even met new friends on Facebook!

A lot of it is just fun stuff; reconnecting through photos, posts and writing on each other’s “walls.”

But there is some real value too. I now have a fair amount of my contacts all in one place and can reach them anytime and anywhere. I don’t even have to remember their email addresses!

It literally is a modern day rolodex. For all of you Gen Y’ers, people born before 1980 used to have this thing called a rolodex. It was a funny card catalogue type of contraption where you handwrote and stored your contact’s name, address and phone number. We would actually put it in alphabetical order and flip instantly in seconds to the person we needed to call! It was a modern marvel in its day…

Facebook is a modern day rolodex; on steroids.

This modern day rolodex actually has more than just names, addresses and phone numbers. It has the person’s profile, religious views, political stance, marital status, favorite music, photos, updates and much more!

I bet that if you were stranded in a city due to a cancelled flight, you could update you Facebook status to let people know and an old friend on Facebook from that city would see your update and let you sleep over. Who knows?

I have to admit it; Facebook is fun and useful. I love connecting with old and new friends on it. Not to taint it, but I have even done business on it. I couldn’t connect with a business contact through phone or email, so I “Facebooked” him.

You know what? He responded. Maybe there is such a thing as Facebook guilt?

1 Comments:

At March 12, 2010 at 12:12 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I am happy to say that I ordered Testosterone Anadoil from www.medsheaven.com and I am very happy with the results! I highly recommend this.The best part is no pescription required when ordering from them!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home