Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Book Report - The Knack

I have challenged myself to read 50 books by the end of 2010. That's about two books a month between now and then. I am counting books on tape (or iPod while I work out).

This willl benefit you because I will share my thoguhts about each book with you!

The first book on my journey was The Knack, How Street-Smart Entrepreneurs Learn to Handle Whatever Comes Up by Norm Brodsky and Bo Burlingham. I read the hard copy on a plane in about two hours. It's hard to put down!

I have been in business for almost 14 years and still learned a ton. It's a very practical, grassroots learning tool. Brodsky shares his real-world experiences to help entrepreneurs think differently. He went bankrupt in the 1980's and learned a ton about what to do, and what not to do. Norms writes that you can either learn from your own experiences, or his!

Save some time and learn from his.

The Knack should be taught as a course in every business college. Instead of academia, it's the real thing, based on a real entrepeneur's experience.

On a scale of 1-10, (1 being "use to start a fire" and 10 being "a "MUST READ"), I give The Knack a 10. It's very informative and a fun read. Burlingham really works well with Norm to extract his experienes and own writings into compelling learning experience stories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home